Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Shu Uemura KYE Collection: Sheer Color Balm - melt in orange


If I for some out-of-this-world reason, I would have to only live with one single type of makeup item, I would choose tinted lip balms. They're easy to use to brighten my lips and complexion, moisturizing, and require no effort to blend. So of course I had to pick up one of the tinted lip balms from the Shu x KYE collection!
 

Normally I choose "safe" colors like peach and pink, this time I thought I'd brand out a bit and try the orange. It does look shockingly orange in the tube, however I was a bit disappointed it just turned into regular peach-pink on me (both on my skin and on my lips).


Despite my disappointment in this not being a very "out there" shade, I'm happy with the formula. It's thin and moisturizing, and on the glossier side. The formula reminds me most of the YSL Candy balms, which continue to be my favorite tinted lip balm line.

Also, how cute is the packaging?! Not "fancy" like YSL, but makes my eyes happy when I pull it out to use :) The cap is also fairly tight so I'm not concerned about it coming off in my purse.

Overall, this is a solid buy in the luxury tinted balms world, for $36 CDN. If you love tinted balms like I do, this is a great add to your collection! If tinted balms aren't your thing, skip this :)

4 comments:

  1. I guess since it is quite sheer and moisturizing, the shade isn't as vibrant in the tube as on the lips. I love a good tinted lip balm. Still sticking to my Fresh sugar lip treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have so many Fresh lippies! They unfortunately melted and broke last summer when my a/c died, since moving on to other things I haven't looked back :) I remember loving them very much at the time though!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Also quite expensive for what it is, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, it is very expensive for a lip balm! I still like it though :)

      Delete