Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 12, 2015

Empties: May 2015

A little late, but better late than never! I was away for a large part of May and some empties got tossed, but here's what I saved: 3 full sized products and rest are all deluxe samples.



 Lancome CILS mascara primer: this white primer is HG for me, I've gone through 2 full size tubes and get the deluxe samples like this whenever I can. Definitely will repurchase, it makes virtually any mascara smudgeproof!

Lancome Hypnose Doll mascara: this is definitely volumizing, a bit too much for me as up close looks clumpy, won't purchase full size.
 Benefit benetint: I've realized I don't like these liquid tints. Though they give a natural flush, I find it much too hard to control the product. It either goes where I don't want it to go, or it's too light until it becomes too much. More finicky than it's worth, won't be purchasing full size.

barefoot v argan dry body oil: this was a topbox item, was a basic spray on oil, kind of "meh", won't purchase full size.
 Anastasia tinted brow gel: this is good stuff! I had "granite" and it was a perfect shade for me. Will repurchase.

miracle10 toner: good solid toner, wouldn't say it stands out especially from others though. Not sure if I will purchase full size.
Lancome Bi-facil:  my HG eye makeup remover! This is easily my 5th or 6th bottle now (full size), have already repurchased (I always have a backup!)
Philosophy miracle anti-aging lotion with SPF 30: this was a great daytime moisturizer for summer, and was relatively demi-matte and lasted me a good part of the year. Unfortunately not moisturizing enough for winter. May repurchase.


Philosophy miracle worker overnight cream: I'm so glad this was just a sample, cuz it burned!! I gave it one more try without any exfoliating prior and it still burned. Will never purchase!

Clarins HydraQuench cream mask: This didn't do much for me, good thing was a deluxe sample, won't be purchasing full size.


Clarins multi-active day cream: this is very thick, great for winter, felt too thick came spring but didn't cause breakouts. May purchase full size next year.
dermadoctor KP duty: I've already purchased 2 full size tubes and given one to a friend, it's that good. Amazing for winter dry skin and for the annoying KP I have on my upper arms. When I stopped using it on vacation my KP got much worse.


What did you empty this month?











6 comments:

  1. I felt the same way about the Benetint. I used to love it but it is just too hard to blend and still give a natural look on cheeks. I usually use it on the centre of my lips to give a gradient lip look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, feels like it smears around randomly. I tried it on my lips but didn't like the sensation of putting on a liquid in my lips. Hehe I'm getting more particular with age.

      Delete
  2. The Lancome Bi-Facil remover is awesome! It takes everything off so easily! I just don't like the slight oily feel that comes with it, though, so lately I've been using my Chanel bi-phase remover instead. It cleans so well and leaves my skin refreshingly clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh a bi-phase that isn't oily?! I gotta try that! Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  3. I like the Lancome Bi-Facil, but I've discovered that the Dior one is also really lovely - and it removes even better. A cheaper alternative I like is Biore. I empty skincare regularly, and I cleared out some old eye and lip pencils so it feels good (even though I still need to get rid of a lot of makeup).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dior, I never tried that one before, oh no my HG may not be HG anymore soon haha. It does feel so good to declutter! I have trouble letting go though sometimes, especially the beloved shades though they may be really old.

      Delete