Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Best Cheapo Brush Ever...

Even though I just recently posted about my new interest in luxe brushes, I still love a good deal. I was browsing Winners awhile back and found the Eco Tools Deluxe Fan Brush for $6.99,  and thought, hey, can't hurt. 

 

Turns out this is the best fan brush I have ever tried! Not that I've tried that many so you have to take this with a grain of salt...Let's see...there was a super cheapo one that came in the set from makeup school (it's now gone to the garbage it was that bad), and then there was the Bdellium Tools fan brush below:


It had looked promising as the fan wasn't as sparse as the garbage no-name one. 
 

Unfortunately it did not perform well for highlighters or blushes, as the brush is too sparse still and just doesn't pick up enough pigment. I imagine this might be good for some very intense glittery product that one would only want a tiny amount of.

Ah now look at the Eco Tools fan brush below...So thick and plush, and so soft! I'm amazed at how soft it was for the price. There was also no shedding or dye running while washing.


This picks up the right amount of product for highlighters, and also works well for my more pigmented blushes as it doesn't quite pick up as much pigment. It's made me take out an old super pigmented Lancome blush that had previously gone underground as I found it too intense, but now I can apply it lightly with this brush for a sheer wash of color. Oh and this brush also works well with overall face powder, placing just enough product to control oil but not to cake. 

Oh oh and did I mention already that it's super soft and feels soooo nice to use?!... yup I did, but it's worth mentioning again. For $6.99, really?!  I actually returned to Winners a few times in the month after to scour for a second one, but no such luck. Then one day this past week, I finally saw one! It was sitting on a shelf right infront of a lady browsing, so I politely asked her if it was hers, and she said "nope" (thankfully, or I'm not sure what I would have done haha, maybe try to convince her why she wouldn't want this brush so I could have it instead?! But no that wouldn't be nice...). Anyways, I'm so happy now to have a back up of this. Yay hurray for a good deal on an awesome product!

Do you have a favorite cheapo brush that is totally awesome?

12 comments:

  1. Good to know!
    I've tried mid-to-high end brushes and super cheap ones like e.l.f. brushes, and surprisingly affordable synthetic brushes work so well for me that I don't feel I'm missing out.
    I will definitely keep this in mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, luxe brushes don't neccesarily do anything the synthetics can't nowadays. I have never tried any elf brushes before, are there specific ones you'd recommend?

      Delete
  2. OK I have to look at this one. I don't have a fan brush, surprisingly! It would be nice to have one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll like it I think! Cuz of the shape there's lots of ways you can use it!

      Delete
  3. that's the reason why I love Winners. I love going there to "stalk" on items. I haven't seen this one at my location but will keep my eye out for it. The one fan brush I have is pretty thin and sparse and doesn't do much for me and I am looking for one which I could apply highlighter on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one definitely does highlighters well! I got it from the one on Yonge and College

      Delete
  4. I've never tried any eco tools brushes but I'm going to be on the lookout for this on my next trip to target! Almost all of my brushes are low end so it would be hard to pick a fav-- does the real techniques sponge count?

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the real techniques sponge too! It's a good product, but I do prefer the Beauty Blender still

      Delete
  5. i love their brushes, i'll have to look for this one!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried one other brush from them, the concealer, which is not bad, but this one is definitely amazing

      Delete
  6. I kind of need this brush now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a great addition to your brush arsenal!

      Delete