Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Givenchy Ombre Couture Cream Eyeshadow 1 - Blanc Satin Top Coat



This is my first Givenchy cosmetic purchase (I only knew of this brand to make that perfume my mother loved previously), and I am impressed!

I was browsing during the recent Sephora sale and swatched this beauty in store, and the way it lit up made me put it in my basket instantly.
 

These cream eyeshadows are sheer and smooth, and blend beautifully with other products. This particular shade is a "top coat", meant to add shimmer/fine on top of other eye products. 

Here's a bare eye swatch, with just one finger swipe of this onto the middle of my eyelid. 


As you can see, it gives a barely there but light-catching glittery-princessy brightness. The glitter is very fine and you cannot feel it at all. It can also be built up more with a brush. The only downside is the glitter is difficult to wash out of the brush. The upside of that is this thing lasts all day, no touchups needed.

I have used this on its own a lot recently, with light eyeliner and a bit of mascara; makes me feel girly and pretty. It doesn't emphasize my fine lines like some shimmery shadows can.

Do you use eye shadow "top coats"?

14 comments:

  1. The cream shadow screams luxury. I don't own anything by Givenchy but every time I go to Sephora, I browsed around there and admire them. I have a few Chanel ones and they are a bit shimmery. I am not usually a shimmery eye shadow gal, but I like to apply that first and then apply other shadows and still see the shimmer peek through which is more "wearable" for everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a good idea to put it underneath! Like an under coat...hehe I will try that!

      Delete
  2. Cream type of eyeshadow top coat is a bit foreign concept for me. I usually start with a cream base then top it with shimmery loose eyeshadow for similar effect. I think it looks airy and very pretty on it's own. It would make a great companion to bright red lips that you've recently shown us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting I've never used a cream eyeshadow base before, it's usually just cream or just powder. I will give it a try the other way around! Good idea to pair with red lips (I'm actually wearing a red lip today! Stepping on out...)

      Delete
  3. This is such a pretty shade. I would love to use something like this over some of my matte shades.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Best wishes,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, can really add more versatility to all of your shadows!

      Delete
  4. Oh how interesting. I've never used any eye shadow top coats before. I don't know where I've been... but thanks for this eye opener (pun intended). It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time hearing of such a thing too, haha what will they invent next eh.... I guess this is similar to when people put a shimmery/glittery shadow on top of other shadow?

      Delete
  5. It's very subtle indeed. I'd love to see how it looks layered over some colorful or dark eyeshadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good idea I should have included that in the post. I will update at some point when I try it! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  6. The only shadow "top coats" I ever used were theBalm Overshadows, they're loose powder - and I actually used them on their own. I know the Ombre Couture is pretty successful but the formula didn't do anything for me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh too bad which part did you find not work? I was thinking to try some of the other shades

      Delete
  7. Hey Meiko, I'm glad to hear you like this! I do sometimes pat some sparkle onto the center of my lid for more dimension, but I don't own a clear one like this! This particular formula doesn't work well for me tho, unfortunately. I find that whatever I do, it fades and creases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no sorry to hear it doesn't work for you! This clear one doesn't crease but I suppose there isn't much of anything to crease up haha. I'll see how the other shades do some day!

      Delete