Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 4, 2015

Cozzette Brushes Review: Vitality D225 - The Depositor and Divinity S130 - Round Blush


I have not been one to really splurge on brushes before, and the most expensive brushes I had previously were around the $20 range for face brushes. Especially with Real Techniques brushes being so affordable and high quality, I didn't feel the need. 

Recently I went a little crazy with online shopping during my exam period and picked up these two lovelies, which have now made me want more luxe brushes (they're like "gateway" brushes hehe).



This eye brush is from the "Vitality" line. The handle is red-lacquered gorgeousness, and is weighted just-right. Feels steady and balanced. 


The handle end is tapered and slips nicely into brush rolls. (Real Techniques are terrible for this part, yes their handle has that nice fat stand, but it makes them hard to travel with). 


The brush head is synthetic goat hair so is cruelty free. It's very dense and soft, and does a good job at depositing powder just like the name indicates.


The blush brush is from the "Divinity" line, which is weighted and shaped just like the Vitality, but is colored purple.  They advertise to be each hand made.


The handle is tapered the same way but is of course thicker.



The brush head is very soft, so soft it made my previously favorite blush brush, the Real Techniques pale in comparison. It also applies blush evenly and swirls super lightly on the face and without any dragging sensation.

These brushes have become my new staples. There has been no shedding either with washing. My poor Real Techniques brushes have gone into storage. 

The blush brush was $37 CDN and the eye brush was $20 CDN, both of which I purchased from Blur Makeup Room here in Toronto. 

As for the "gateway", of course there are way more expensive brushes out there, which I previously had no interest in, but now I'm interested to see how much better they can be... oh this is a dangerous path to go down on isn't it...

What are your thoughts on luxe brushes? Worth it or no?


8 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with luxe brushes. My most expensive are my Sigma brushes. Mostly are Real Techniques. I really want to try out some new luxe brushes to see if they actually make any difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My most expensive previously were also Sigma. I think the biggest difference with this brand at least is the "feel" of the brush in my hand and the softness of the bristles. I don't think my makeup actually looks any better on my face, too bad :)

      Delete
  2. the blush brush looks like the exact type of profile i look for when using blush. i need it to be sort of flat and with a rounded top. a little wider wouldn't hurt either.

    jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying this type too, I used to like the egg shape ones, like the Real Techniques one, but now I'm converted :)

      Delete
  3. Very dangerous ;-) Seriously though, having the right tools can make ALL the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, products go on properly and it just feels right, making the application process so much more enjoyable!

      Delete
  4. Hello LOve, Thank you for your review. I am so happy you are enjoying my brushes! I've put my heart and soul into creating the best brushes. I've also felt into what if fair pricing and I will say the prices are comparable to Sigma. I always remember when I started in makeup 28 years ago and what it felt like to not be able to afford the tools that I wanted. So I want everyone to be able to have luxury and feel grand when using them. You deserve the best!

    All my love,
    Roque

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roque so much for the comment, and for taking careful consideration to new artists. I'm looking forward to checking out more brushes from your line!

      Delete