Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Another day of Red


I'm still a little shy about wearing red out, so I'm wearing them around the house these days for fun. I am really loving the little mini Marc Jacobs that came with the VIB Rouge kit. 

Bounced Flash

Here's some swatches of it next to Hourglass Icon and the Bite VIB Rouge lippie. These are all one-swipe swatches, and you can see that nothing will ever compare with the pigmentation of Icon!

No flash, bathroom lighting


The MJ leans slightly more raspberry than the Bite version on my arm, but on my lips it leans warmer. Interesting how color chemistry can be sometimes. You can see when I smile though that the line becomes uneven, and I think in the future I would use a lip liner on the outside lines.

Natural Lip



Bounced flash

no flash








The formula is creamy and I like it better than the Bite, which clings to dry patches and is drying after awhile. Definitely makes me want to try more MJ lippies!
 
Which red are you loving recently?

10 comments:

  1. Gasp! Hourglass Icon! I think you'll look amazing in bold reds. If you can wear it out just once, you'll be able to do it again and again. Just that first time. ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hourglass Icon makes me gasp when I put it on hehe its soooo bold. I actually did wear it out once, and someone said "are you going to a wedding after this"? I need to learn to care less what other people think or say!

      Delete
    2. Pfft, I'd be sarcastic and say I wear red lipstick just to go to the toilet. Sue me. HAHAHAHA!

      Delete
    3. Lol good point, it's my face/lips afterall, I should do with it as I please ;)

      Delete
  2. I just got this in my Rouge Welcome Kit, too! I just photographed it and am planning to post about it on my blog later this week. I love the formula so much! Sooo smooth and what a stunning shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite surprised too at how creamy the formula is. It must look stunning on you, looking forward to your post!

      Delete
  3. The Marc Jacobs one is so pretty. You should definitely wear it out. It looks quite bold in the tube but on you, it looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I find photos always look so much more muted than in person, but maybe I just need to get used to it :)

      Delete
  4. You should wear reds more often! :)
    I am loving reds lately but they are all kind of off-reds, which are much easier to pull off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, maybe I need to work my way slowly towards the true bold reds :)

      Delete