Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

April 2015 Empties


I usually do photos/tally for empties at the very end of the month, but there has been a lot this month so I cut myself off early last week, otherwise this would turn into a ridiculously long post (I like to give a good final word on these). 
 
 This is a Korean face mask my mom gave me. I have a bunch of others from this brand that I've been using recently (didn't save all the packages). I have no idea where you can buy this here, if anyone knows please share, as I quite like them (no comparison of course to SK-II, but at that price better not be).
 Julep Bare Face Cleansing Oil: definitely one of Julep's better non-polish products. It works well, and previously I thought about repurchasing. Now that I'm using one of Shu Uemura's oils though, I've been converted and I won't be repurchasing this. If you find Shu too pricey this is a good alternative, I think it was around $20.
 B.Kamins Sunscreen SPF30: I love this, a great non-greasy non-slick sunscreen, no white cast either. I'm not repurchasing this season only due to a pile of other sunscreens I need to use before their expiration. Will repurchase next year probably.

Clarins Hydra moisturizer: this was ok, very thick. Won't purchase.

 Hourglass mascara: loved this! Would purchase full size if not for the pile of deluxe mascaras I still need to get through...

Benefit Gimme Brow: I liked this at the beginning, but it really started gunking up near the end and was difficult to blend. Undecided about repurchasing.
 Clinique all about lips: this felt like a face moisturizer for my lips, didn't really do anything special. I used it up for the sake of it, but won't repurchase.

YSL Touche Eclat: I'm so undecided about repurchasing...it's a great product for my "no-makeup" days, but did it do anything that special to warrant $50...I don't know.
Clarins eye makeup remover: not bad, still prefer my Lancome Bi-Facil so won't be purchasing full size.

Lise Watier Day/Night serums: the night was ok, the day one was terrible, felt like sticky glue on my face, and remained sticky. I didn't bother to finish it as there's no way I'm putting that on my face again.
Hourglass liquid lipstick in Canvas: I loved this product in Icon, but this shade sucks. The color itself is actually nice, but the formula was super drying, not at all slick like Icon.Won't be repurchasing

Estee Lauder brown eye pencil: obviously not "empty" but it has become more hard and dry and more difficult to use overtime. Won't be repurchasing.

EOS lipbalm: it was cute while it lasted, but overall performance was "meh". Won't repurchase.

L'Occitane Almond Oil Shower: This came from a Topbox and I really liked it! I got another deluxe size from a GWP so will use that up first then likely will repurchase.



What did you empty this month?

4 comments:

  1. you did awesome in using up so many samples! I love the L'occitane almond shower oil. I got the traveller size at one of Sephora's sale last fall/Black Friday sale. Really want to go get the regular size. Perfect for the fall/winter months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha after all the crazy buying during the Sephora sale, I'm determined to spend the next little while focusing on actually using my stash, especially all those deluxe sample bottles!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear there were some duds in the bunch. At least most of them were not full-sized products!
    And I feel the same way about EOS lip stuff. ;-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea the deluxe samples are good for testing stuff out, if it doesn't work I don't feel too bad chucking them and if they do work I can usually get quite a few good uses out of them. I have one more EOS but I may let go of it earlier than as there are so much better lip balms out there.

      Delete