Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Topbox January 2015 Unboxing


Last month's box was boring, but this box is off to a good start for 2015! Although it seems like the pattern from the last few boxes is now only 4 products per box, rather than 5. 
 

Always up for trying new serums, so it was good to see this from Lise Watier. I haven't tried many products from this brand (last time being their lip and eye primer, which was a terrible product that did nothing). 


Turns out there's 2 inside, one for day and one for night.
 


 Elizabeth Arden day cream with SPF, happy with this as usually EA's skincare does nice things to my skin.


 Now the Eyeko I'm looking forward to try... I haven't had much luck with makeup remover wipes when used on the eyes despite their advertising to be gentle and effective on the eyes (always find traditional biphasic removers much better, like Lancome's Bifacil), so am excited to see if this will perform. Will update this post when I have tested it out on my most waterproof stuff.


A liquid lip and cheek tint by MeMeMe...looks very similar to the Benefit one. I tried both side by side and Benefit's benetint definitely smells better and lasted longer on my arm after washings. However this isn't bad. Overall I prefer these tints on my lips rather than face, because I find if I don't blend quickly enough it's very streaky on my cheeks. Also can easily go from natural to clown without much warning, and can't really blend it out more after that...
 

 The swatch on the right I tried to blend literally right after I put it on, and as you can see the "line" is still clear. This does blend better when placed over base makeup on the face, but like I said above, still not great. I much prefer cream or powders for blushes. 


Here's the product card. I usually never calculate $/worth of the box, but am gonna try it today. So let's see...

Lise Watier - $78 for 2/20mL (sample is 2x3mL, omg I hate math...I think it's $11.70)
Elizabeth Arden - $60 for 50 mL (sample is 7mL... $8.40)
Eyeko - $12 for 10 pcs (full size product, so $12)
MeMeMe - $10 for 12 mL (full size product, so $10)

Total box - $42.10

What did you get your box this month? Feel free to share your links.


3 comments:

  1. your box is so different from mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! Not sure how they plan their boxes... but your box looked really good, that Bioderma alone is probably worth it

      Delete
  2. I got the same. Overall, this was a good Topbox for me: 2 prestige brands (EA and LW), a Canadian brand (LW), 2 full size products (Eyeko and MeMeMe), and a brand I was not familiar with (MeMeMe).
    `
    AFAIK Topbox has always advertised that they would provide 4 items/month in the box, not 5.

    ReplyDelete