Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 15, 2015

A first crack at the ombre lip...


I believe Korea first started the ombre lip trend (but please correct me if this is wrong). I'm sooooo slow on the pickup for anything trendy, so finally thought I'd give it a try.  I used a pinky-mauve lippie all over, then added a traditional red on the inner parts of the lip and blended both together.

Natural lips with clear lip balm

I actually really liked the look, now I get why it got trendy! I felt like it gave me an interesting look, kind of cute and doll-like?  Unfortunately my hubby really didn't like it, said it looked "unnatural". Sigh...men...they don't get us :)




Do you do the ombre lip? I think I will do it more often if I have time, as it does take double as long as I have to pat on another color and blend it.



2 comments:

  1. I do gradient lips all the time! I love it! I usually gradient mine from red to pinkish nude or red to coral nude. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to love it more and more too! Will experiment more with other color combos :)

      Delete