Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Empties #3

When I first started these posts only 3 months ago I didn't think I could even post every month, but alas here we are again! It has now become my favorite part of the month, as it feels good to finish up things and give a good final word.


The empty stash...a real mix of things this month!


 Redken clear moisture shampoo+conditioner
I don't use expensive salon hair products often, but when I do there is a difference! Less products are needed and my hair feels great. I like how they put the conditioner in a small bottle as we all know we use less of that!





 L'Occitane Rose Bath & Shower Gel
It was good...nothing special though. The rose scent was a bit chemical rather than natural.







 Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Skin Balancing Exfoliating Cleanser - Combination
That was a mouthful...but was an amazing cleanser! Made my face feel baby smooth after without being overly drying. Definitely on repurchase list after I go through more piles of cleanser samples...





 Lancome L'Absolu Rouge SPF12 - Exotic Orchid
This was one of those lipsticks that came in a GWP. The formula is great, creamy and pigmented and non-drying. I found the scent a bit too strong though, and slowly over time I'm finding the shade aging on me. There's a cm left but I'm not gonna bother finishing, on to better things!


 It really was a great formula, you can see the sheen and satiny finish and how creamy it is.  Maybe I will buy a different shade down the road.


 Maybelline the Falsies Big Eyes 
This is a 2 part mascara, one side with big brush for the upper lashes and one side with small brush for the lower lashes. Very volumizing but quickly became clumpy for the uppers. The lower was much better, and I kept on using the lower lash portion long after the upper clumped.
 The upper lash comb

 The lower lash comb. Worked well for separating and the formula was volumizing without clumping for this part.
Clarins After Sun Replenishing Moisture Care for Face
I thought this sample would be great for, well as it said, after sun moisture care. It did advertise it would enhance natural radiation tan but I didn't think much of that claim. However, boy did it deliver on that latter one... my skin had lightened now with fall, but with one use at night, I woke the next morning with my face 3 shades darker! Ok perhaps I'm exaggerating... but it looked like my summer face again. To confirm the foundation I wore the day before no longer matched...  If you were looking for a product to prolong your natural tan, well you've got it... If you didn't want that, stay away from this! (If you're wondering why I wasn't happy with being more tan, it's because I tan an awful off brown muddy color, rather than the "golden glow" some lucky people get...)

That's it for this week! Enjoy October everyone!

Let me know if you have tried any of these products and what you thought of them!

2 comments:

  1. I had the Maybelline falsies big eyes but same as you, find the formula a bit clumpy for me. I do like their regular falsies though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't tried the regular, should try that then, thanks!

      Delete