Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, September 15, 2014

Review: Face Atelier Brush Buff



I've talked about a few different cosmetic products from Face Atelier on various posts already, but what I haven't yet shared is my HG on-the-spot brush cleansers (for use either between clients when you didn't bring enough brush sets, or for yourself day to day between the more "serious" washings with a brush soap/shampoo). I generally keep 3 on hand (one in the work kit, on in my personal kit, and one backup).

If you aren't already familiar, Face Atelier is a Canadian brand based out of Calgary (my favorite Canadian city, despite the erratic weather...). They're quite popular with MUAs particularly for their foundations, which are dewy and amazing especially for mature skin (a favorite for mother-of-the-bride for bridal artists!)

Other than saying this brush cleanser is da bomb...thought I'd show it in action


Here's a dirty Real Techniques blush brush. If you know these brushes you know the tips are white, which are generally the worst for staining and difficulty returning to it's whiteness.


I spray the brush and the tissue behind it,


and we have white tips again.


Here we are with a similar styled powder brush

and good and white...

If your brushes are being used daily I recommend doing deep cleansing with brush soap or shampoo once every 1-2 weeks (1 week for liquid products, 2 weeks for powder) in addition to this daily spray cleanser to prevent buildup.

Overall, HG product for me that I will purchase over and over again. You can buy this for $21 CDN from Face Atelier directly online.

What's your favorite brush cleanser?

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently using e.l.f. Studio Daily Brush Cleaner which is similar to this product. It definitely helps with brush buildup but nothing beats a real deep cleanse though.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed, love the feeling of freshly washed brush on my face :)

      Delete