Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 24, 2014

NARS Loose Powder - Beach


Quickie review today. Nars makes amazing blushes, but their loose powder is merely "good", not terribly exciting. I have actually had this for a year now, and have been using it multiple times a week in various seasons/settings because I have been trying hard to love it more than I do.
 

I have the loose powder in shade "Beach", which is a yellow-tinted powder. It's quite transluscent though and doesn't appear overly yellow as some other powders can.
 

As you can see, it's not the most finely milled powder around, however it's not bad. It's sets makeup and banishes shine, but only for about 2-3 hrs or so on me before the shine is back this summer (I have combination skin in the summer).

In the winter, it keeps the shine at bay longer, however can cake up easily around my dry patches even with a very light application. It also makes the fine hairs on my face more obvious if I'm not careful about the application. Some setting spray helps with this but I imagine not everyone wants to take this extra step.  It also doesn't further even out the complexion for that "air-brushed" look that some other powders can help with, so whatever you did with your foundation/BB cream is what you got.

Overall, this is a solid powder for those of you with normal skin (no dry patches, not a lot of shine) to set makeup and mattify the T-zone.  I have used this on a friend before who had much better skin that me and had more of a yellow undertone and it looked very good on her. 

If you're like me though and have more problematic skin, it's useable but there are probably better options out there.

What's your favorite loose powder? Mine remains the BE Mineral Veil, though it's not the best for photography it's amazing in person. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a decent loose powder but I also have problematic skin, especially in the summer. I need loose powder which last for at least 6 hours on me as I'm so lazy in re-applying. I don't have a favorite loose powder currently but for pressed, I still love my Rimmel Stay Matte powder. So affordable and helps my skin stay matte for hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing about that one but haven't tried it yet, *wishlisted*

      Delete