Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Review: Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter


This little guy came in a Sephora birthday thing a year or so ago, but I really only got around to testing it more recently. (Need to go shopping through my stash more rather than going back to the store...)
 
Bounced flash. Left: blended. Right: heavy swatch (5 swipes)

It's advertised as a luminous champagne highlighter with a cream-to-powder formula. I use it in a "C" shape from my cheekbones up to just above the arch of my eyebrows. I like this better than using it on the browbone under brow (the usual place where one might recommend you put it) because I find the "glow"-texture highlights my hooded lids and aging eye area. 

I found this product very easy to blend with my fingers, and it gave a very nice subtle glow without looking too shiny or too shimmery. As you can see from the swatch above, it took 5 swipes to get that intensity, which means it's not super heavily pigmented, which is exactly what you want in a subtle highlight product. Easy to use, would be quite difficult to over-apply, you'd really have to try! (Am I rhyming here...it's late...) Blending is always key though!

Overall, great product that's easy to use in stick form for even the most novice makeup consumers. The effect is subtle and beautiful, however is not unique by any means. I can achieve this look with numerous other products. The stick is much more convenient for travel purposes, and I will definitely be using it that way. At home, where I prefer to play with my brushes (just cuz I can...), I will stick with my powder highlighters. 

Have you tried this? Love it, hate it, or just meh? Let me know in the comments!






4 comments:

  1. Yay for more stash shoppings! Which is what I'm trying to do more often.
    I haven't tried this one from benefit or any other highlighter in a stick form to be honest. I think the mini tube like this is actually perfect to carry around and add glow throughout the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you for doing more stash shopping! I'm learning...hehe especially all these deluxe sample sizes... but they're great for travel and carrying around like you said!

      Delete
  2. love finding goodies in your own stash. I haven't tried this but I am a big fan of Benefit's and love most of their products. I only tried their high beam which is also a highlighter but I find liquid highlighter is much harder to apply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree High Beam is much more difficult to blend compared to this, it's also a bit too cool-toned for my liking so I prefer Watt's Up's warmer shade

      Delete