Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Palette #6


 I splurge on eyeshadows once in awhile...and this one was definitely a splurge...


GA's eyeshadow packaging is not as heavy and luxe as Tom Ford, but it's definitely unique despite the light weight plastic. 
 

I chose #6 because it was the most "natural" and I thought I could get the most use out of it, whether for everyday looks or using the darker shades for a smokey eye on an outing. 

This palette comes with two matte shades (bottom) and two light shimmery/satins, one is more warm toned and one is cool toned. I use the top shade for highlighting my inner corners, and the other for a sheer wash over the entire lid.

The 3rd shade I use as a contour while the darkest I either use to line my lashes or to further define the outer "V" when I'm putting on a heavier eye. 
 

Underneath the shadows are the two sponge applicators, which I have not been using (I prefer brushes or my fingers). Likely I will use them when traveling as it just makes it more convenient rather than having to wash brushes. 

As for overall performance, I am pleasantly surprised by how smooth and easily blendable these shadows are. They apply very evenly and I have yet to struggle with blotchy or chalky application. Other than Tom Ford, they are by far the smoothest eyeshadows I've tried thus far.  I have tried these with primer and without. They don't crease on me even without primer, however using a primer does help make the colors pop a bit more as I have quite dark eyelids naturally.

I'll definitely be getting a lot of use out of this palette, which makes me sort of think I have justified the price tag... =P 

What's your most recent splurge item? Share with me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment