Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, April 26, 2014

YSL Volupte Sheer Candy - Glossy Balm Review

My name is Meiko, I'm a lip balm hoarder...

I can't stop buying lip balm, I have all sorts of flavors from all sorts of brands and there's at least 2 lip balms in each purse I own so I'm never caught without one... and now I've finally found my HG favourite lip balms!!


They are the YSL Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balms. They're moisturizing, glossy, come in gorgeous sheer colors, and oh my the packaging... The only unfortunate thing is the price tag of $39CDN. Sigh...I suppose gorgeous things don't come cheap... Click the jump to see more photos!





 I love how the color of the packaging band matches the inside lip balm color, and how each tube smells fruity like the names... such attention to detail! This is 02 - Dewy Papaya


A glossy sheer peach, which is the sheerest of the 3 shades I have. With one swipe it really is colorless on my mauve-y lips, with more swipes it does my lips a more peachy tint. This is definitely a go-to starter if you aren't sure which color will work for you. I bought one for a good friend and I see her use it all the time now too.


 04 - Succulent Pomegranate (don't these names make you want to eat these..)

This a gorgeously bright pink, which is more pigmented than the papaya shade. It also stains my lips even after it's worn off and I'm left with a subtle pink tinge all day long. 

 

05 - Mouthwatering Berry

This is a gorgeous sheer wine color. It looks a bit like a red wine stain on the lips but darker. Unfortunately this one doesn't actually stain my lips like the pomegranate shade, but still, re-applying these are super enjoyable with the luxe packaging.




Here's the line up again with flash
 
 I'm so tempted to start a collection but I know it'd be a huge investment that perhaps my hubby wouldn't be very happy with...

Do I recommend these? Absolutely if you love luxe products. It smells and feels luxe and the packaging is the most gorgeous for any lip products I've ever seen. If you're frugal however, this is not for you. For the amount of lip balm product you get for $39 you can get more than 20 drug store lip balms. Am I being vain...I think so, but it's nice to treat myself or a good friend once in awhile and these are the perfect "treats" in my opinion :)

If you've tried these let me know what you thought about them!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the volupte sheer candy line but have a few of the volupte shine. The shades you picked out are absolutely gorgeous. I am tempted to start a collection too. They are pricey but to me, totally worth it. And the packaging is to die for :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am soo tempted to buy them all! I haven't tried any of YSL's lipsticks yet, haha not sure if I should start or another collection might start... my poor wallet... =P

      Delete
  2. I really really want one of these, but it's a lot harder for me to convince myself to buy a sheer lipstick for $30+. The packaging is so gorgeous that I might treat myself at the end of this year though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, the product itself minus packaging is hard to justify the price. However I do feel it is one of the best lip balm formulas I've used. Very moisturizing and doesn't need to be re-applied that often to maintain that moisture (and I have VERY dry and sensitive lips so that says something!). Hope you enjoy it if you do end up getting it :)

      Delete