Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Topbox Feb 2014 Unboxing and First Impressions

 
I'm a bit late on my unboxing post this month (in fact the March wishlist is already out...), but alas here we are!

 
The usual tube...

 
Everything was all wrapped in the tissue this time

 
And the stash...

 
I was excited to see an Essie polish. I have only used Essie Fill the Gap basecoat thus far, so am looking forward to trying this. It's a beautiful red that leans a bit on the blue-raspberry end of the spectrum.

 
I'm a lip balm hoarder, so am always happy to receive more lip balm! Epic Blend's ingredients are all fairly natural blend of oils and butters, and feels similar to what I use in my DIY lip balms (see tinted lip balm DIY here). I tried this out a couple of times, feels moisturizing enough so it will get a space in one of my purses. I actually put 1-2 lipbalms in each purse so I'm never caught without a lip balm due to my incredibly dry and sensitive lips. *high5* to whoever else does this!

 
Next, a lip and cheek product.

 
At first, I was excited because this looked very much like the Clinique chubby pencils, which are super moisturizing and pigmented and awesome all-round products (I need to do a review at some point).

 
But alas, it is not like a Clinique chubby pencil... The shade is quite pretty but the formula and pigmentation is horrendous on the lips. The pigment is very uneven and chalky and immediately clung to all my fine lines and dry areas. I made sure to exfoliate and pre-moisturize and tried it again but same thing occured. I'm shocked this product advertises as "moisturizing"! That it definitely is not... I tried this on my cheeks, and although the color is pretty, again the formula clung to my dry patches. Not cool... Because the color is so pretty though, I'm leaving this in my kit to give it one more try in the summer when I'm not so dry...but if it doesn't work out in the summer it's going in the trash.  

 
Despite the disappointment with the chubby pencil pretender, this product I'm genuinely very happy about. EA's 8 hr cream is a MUA favorite as it's incredibly versatile. I personally like it for my chapped lips and very dry patches on my face or hands, but it can also act as a high-shine dewy highlight.
 
 
8 hr cream on the back of my hand.

 
Here's the final round up...


 
And the product card with all the prices for interest. The lip balm is fine. The star of the show was the EA 8 hr cream. The dud of the box was the So Susan lip/cheek product, which I do not recommend you buy at any point. Even if it will work in the summer there's so many better products out there that will do what it does.
 
Let me know what you got in your box this month and what your thoughts were!
 
 
*Disclosure: I bought this box myself and am not affliated with any of these companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment