Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Julep Maven May 2013 Boho Glam




 
 
It finally arrived! As much as I love living in Canada, our postal system is not the greatest... for that I'm thankful that Julep is one of the few companies that doesn't charge extra $$ to ship to us up north, so thank you Julep! This is my 2nd Julep box now (first being the intro) and I'm loving their Maven program. Such a good deal for fantastic polishes. Click the jump for more info and swatches )
 



I like how Julep always wraps their boxes so nicely like gift, makes opening it a fun process! This month is the 1920s theme.


 I'm starting with the "extra" this month. These hair clips are quite cute, and very strong might I add... holds super well but almost too well as it's difficult to take off at times. Overall a cute addition for spring!
 Next is Julep's new lip trio product. These are mini-sized lipsticks that come in 2 sheer shades as well as a more pigmented matte red. They turned smaller than I imagined from the advertisements but hey, the whole box is only $19.99, can't complain!
 I decided to give this away as I've got too many lip products at the moment, so won't be swatching these. You can however find lots of swatches on Julep's website.

 oh and I saved the best for last...the nail polishes!

Millie next to For Audrey by China Glaze
 First polish is Millie, a dark indigo creme that looks almost black indoors
 
The other polish is Alice, a lilac fine shimmer.  I will be giving this away to someone who loves lavendar and shimmer, so won't be swatching it. You can find swatches on Julep. From the bottle, Alice appears very similar in shade to Helen, the lavendar cream polish that came in the intro box, except that it has fine shimmer.
 
 
Of course...for $4.99 a bottle, I had to get a couple of add-ons! Julep allows you to add 3 items per month at a steep discount. $4.99 is cheaper than a lot of drugstore polishes! So I bought Zora, a light pink fine shimmer, and Paris, a multi-colored glitter. I will likely be using Paris on top of other polishes rather than alone.
 
 





 

 
 







Paris swatched most right, with Zora to the left of it.
To the left of Zora is Helen, the lavendar creme from the intro box.
 

(disclaimer: I bought the May Julep box myself, and am not affliated with Julep. If you click on the button above it uses my referral link if you wish to sign up for Julep. If you buy a box from Julep it gives me points to use towards free boxes for myself, but I do not receive any monetary compensation).

No comments:

Post a Comment